« Home | Motivation for Musicians » | Posting Photos on Facebook Could Get You Evicted? » | Why Can't I Follow Anymore Peeps on Twitter? » | GoGirls Interview with Natasha Fatale of Blister » | Next eClass - "Facebook Fan Pages" » | Social Networking Your Way To Music Success » | Check 'NetteRadio » | Facebooking for Musicians eClass » | Forte Notation Software » | GoGirls Interview with Sarah Montes » 

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 

How To Receive Twitter Posts via Text Messaging

by Madalyn Sklar

I put together a short video tutorial today that shows you how to easily set yourself up to receive text messages from people you want to follow on Twitter. I did this because I have people who have been following my motivational text messages via Mozes over the last few years. It dawned on me that I could accomplish this and reach a far wider audience over at Twitter.

Some time ago I set up a Twitter page where I would post motivational messages, similar to my text messages. You can check it out at http://twitter.com/motiv8r. It's been quite stagnant because I do run several other Twitter pages. And I thought, "do I really need another Twitter account?" I know, you don't have to say it. I'm very driven yet crazy all rolled in one.

Here are my other, more active Twitter pages:

* http://twitter.com/gogirlsmusic
* http://twitter.com/madalynsklar
* http://twitter.com/sn4m

Feel free to follow me on any of these.

One thing I strongly advocate is to set up a Twitter account regardless if you're ready to use it now or save for later just so you can secure your name. It would suck if another band with your name beat you to getting on Twitter first. Or if your name is common enough that you might not be able to get it.

So back to why I'm ready to start using my other Twitter account. See I've been running (yet) another dot com for years (yeah I know!), http://www.motivationformusicians.com/. For over two years now I sent out motivational text messages every Tuesday & Friday using Mozes. It's a great platform for text messaging your friends and audience. I'm a big motivator and have helped so many indie artists and music business professionals with their careers. In this process I help motivate them to succeed. It was only natural for me to do this in another format such as text messaging.

Then Twitter came along...

So lately I have been thinking about how can I better live by my motto, "working smarter not harder". When it comes to sending out these text messages why do it twice, right? I took a look at both. It's far easier to get people to follow you on Twitter. They have the option to receive your post via text message. It just started making more sense for me to move from a text only platform to Twitter's web and text platform.

I now plan to post only through Twitter. That brings me to my video. So today I thought I would create a short video on how to easily set up your mobile device to receive text messages from someone you follow on Twitter. I did it for my followers over on Mozes. But really it's for anyone who wants to know how to follow someone on Twitter via text messaging.

Here it is:



I hope you find my video tutorial useful. I have others available for viewing at http://www.youtube.com/sn4m. I would LOVE your comments, telling me what you think.

Copyright © 2009 Madalyn Sklar, IndieMusicCoach.com

Madalyn Sklar is a music business coach & consultant, blogger, social networks expert and author. She has spent over 13 years helping independent musicians and music business professionals achieve greater success. Her motto is: working smarter not harder. She also founded GoGirlsMusic.com, the oldest + largest online community of indie women musicians.

Madalyn's Sites:
GoGirlsMusic.com
Social Networks for Musicians

Follow Madalyn @ Twitter / Facebook / LinkedIn

Labels: ,

thanks to much!:D i was like grrrr

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE

WHO IS MADALYN SKLAR?


    Madalyn Sklar is a music business coach & consultant, blogger, social networks expert and author. She has spent over 15 years helping independent musicians and music business professionals achieve greater success. Her motto is: working smarter not harder. She also founded GoGirlsMusic.com, the oldest + largest online community of indie women musicians.

    Madalyn's Sites:
    * GoGirlsMusic.com
    * Social Networks for Musicians
    contact: madalynsklar(at)gmail.com

         

    Get interviewed on this blog for just $50

    HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

    Learn it all.

    HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

    Check out my YouTube video:

    www.flickr.com
    GoGirlsMusic.com's items Go to Madalyn's photostream

REPRINT ARTICLES

    Click here if you would like to post articles and information from this blog to your blog or web site.

Previous posts

BLOGS I READ:

Madalyn's Blog
P.O. Box 16940
Sugar Land, TX 77496-6940

Copyright © 2000-2009 Madalyn's Music Biz Blog. All rights reserved.

This blog is designed to provide reliable information regarding the subject matter covered.
The authors disclaim any liability that incurs from the use of any information contained in this blog.