« Home | Marketing brilliance from an indie band at SXSW » | Cool site to check out: Twitter » | SXSW '08 Observations... » | Why I love SXSW... » | AOL to Buy Bebo for $850 Million » | New blog to check out... » | Need Myspace Promo Help?? » | The Musician's Atlas - Get 35% off! » | You have the power... » | Let us help you promote on Myspace! » 

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 

Twitter Twitter How I Love You So...

Okay I admit it. I'm hooked on Twitter. People seem to be either addicted to it or have no clue what it is.



If you don't know what it is, check out my blog post a few days ago, Cool site to check out: Twitter. And be sure to check out my GoGirls Twitter.

So now I'm on a quest to learn more about Twitter and what people think of it. There are numerous blogs and forums on this. Twitter's own blog is at blog.twitter.com. I suggest subscribing to this in order to keep up with all things Twitter.

I wonder who came up with the name Twitter. It's cute and catchy!

So in my quest to find more interesting tibits on Twitter I found an intersting article here: At SXSWi, the new Twitter is...Twitter. Now don't confuse SXSWi (interactive) with the wildly popular and well known music conference simply known as SXSW. The interactive part takes place just days before the music conference in Austin, TX. What I found most interesting about the article was how Twitter was used to communicate with others about things to do like parties and unofficial events. That rocks!! So rather than text messaging your friends you simply post in your Twitter where the party's at. Brilliant! Yes, this is giving me ideas for next year's Folk Alliance, SXSW and other events we put on at GoGirls.

I found a cool blog called Twittown that is the "Unoffical Twitter Community". I'm most intrigued by this post: Can Twitter Help You Lose Weight? A woman uses Twitter to let others follow her inspiring journey to lose weight. Wow, this is cool! She has a great blog at Back in skinny jeans that is worth checking out. The blog is not just about losing weight, it's about eating healthy and there is ton of motivation in there. You know I'm all over that!

So give me your feedback on this. I would love to hear from you!

Copyright © 2008 Madalyn Sklar, IndieMusicCoach

Madalyn Sklar is a music business coach, consultant and author. She founded IndieMusicCoach and has spent over 12 years working with a wide range of independent musicians all over the world - U.S., Canada and Japan thus far. Her goal is to help indie artists achieve greater success in the music business by working smarter not harder. She is also the founder of GoGirlsMusic.com, the oldest and largest online community of indie women musicians, with a vision of bringing together and empowering musicians from around the world.

Madalyn is available for one-on-one consulting and coaching at affordable prices. Check out http://www.indiemusiccoach.com/ for more info.

Labels:

Here's a quick tip--don't use quotation marks when you update your status on Twitter. They don't show up right on our badges (look at the one on your blog right now). I keep making the same mistake myself, but hopefully writing this comment will burn it into my brain so I won't forget next time! :) I love Twitter too! Mine is: http://www.twitter.com/kelleyonline

I know I keep forgetting that too!! Thanks for commenting.

Hi Madalyn,

I have been on Twitter awhile and have several hundred followers there. I have found it to be a quick way to update everyone when I travel and get an extra little buzz going on events I want to share.
I also get alot of click throughs to my website from Twitter. It's a fun site and cute lil' tool!

BTW Kelley..thanks for the tip on the quotes. I never realized that! My twitter is http://www.twitter.com/jessicamellott

PS I just "followed" GoGirls Music.

xoxo,
Jessica
www.jessicamellott.com
www.myspace.com/jessicamellott

You're welcome! I'm hoping they'll fix that in the future! :)

You rock, Jessica!

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE

WHO IS MADALYN SKLAR?


    Madalyn Sklar is a music business coach & consultant, blogger, social networks expert and author. She has spent over 15 years helping independent musicians and music business professionals achieve greater success. Her motto is: working smarter not harder. She also founded GoGirlsMusic.com, the oldest + largest online community of indie women musicians.

    Madalyn's Sites:
    * GoGirlsMusic.com
    * Social Networks for Musicians
    contact: madalynsklar(at)gmail.com

         

    Get interviewed on this blog for just $50

    HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

    Learn it all.

    HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

    Check out my YouTube video:

    www.flickr.com
    GoGirlsMusic.com's items Go to Madalyn's photostream

REPRINT ARTICLES

    Click here if you would like to post articles and information from this blog to your blog or web site.

Previous posts

BLOGS I READ:

Madalyn's Blog
P.O. Box 16940
Sugar Land, TX 77496-6940

Copyright © 2000-2009 Madalyn's Music Biz Blog. All rights reserved.

This blog is designed to provide reliable information regarding the subject matter covered.
The authors disclaim any liability that incurs from the use of any information contained in this blog.