« Home | GoGirls Interview with Madame Scorpio of Scorpio R... » | Need Help With Facebook? » | Madalyn Sklar Recommends... » | GoGirls Interview with Dawn Botti of New Day Dawn » | FREE 3-MONTH MUSICIAN’S ATLAS ONLINE ACCOUNT » | How I Got A Bunch Of New Facebook Fans » | Myspace Disables Auto-Play Songs » | Win HD Digital Camcorders for the Whole Band! » | Facebook for iPhone 3.0 » | We Recommend Crystal Clear Disc, Promo and Apparel » 

Friday, October 09, 2009 

The Dewey Beach Music Conference Rocked My World Yet Again!

by Madalyn Sklar

Bring it! I am a big fan of any music conference that does things right and I have to say I have now attended the Dewey Beach Music Conference fours years in a row and they do not skip a beat. It is hands down one of THE best conferences I attend and participate in each year. Vikki Walls and her amazing team do it so well and they do it right. It's located in the little beach town of Dewey Beach, Delaware, just a few hours from Philadelphia and Washington, DC.

We arrived on Thursday at The Rusty Rudder in time for the first of many VIP Parties. It was fun hanging out with old and new friends while watching great live music. I was most excited to see one of our GoGirls Elite member bands, God-des and She perform for an eager crowd.

God-des and She tearing it up at The Rudder

On Friday Kelly and I got to work setting up the GoGirls/Social Networks for Musicians booth over at the trade show. We spent the day talking to lots of people about what we do. And a big shout out to all our great GoGirls volunteers who helped out. I was also a speaker on the Social Networks panel which was moderated by my friend Lou Plaia of ReverbNation. We spent well over an hour giving out lots of great information and advice to the attendees. Of course I talked about how I was using Ping.fm to send up photos/status to all my sites while at the conference. I can't help it. I'm a techie geek and love sharing how I use social networks to my advantage.

On Friday night we were off to the best VIP party of the conference at Venus on the Half Shell. It's madness I tell ya. And when I say VIP I mean not just industry peeps like me but for ALL conference attendees. The party was filled with complimentary beer, vodka and amazing food like salad, pasta, lobster tails, and so much more! All while watching the sun set from the deck. If you want to be wow'd at a music conference, this is it! I really enjoyed spending time with a bunch of our GoGirls members. There is nothing like getting a group of us together in a relaxing atmosphere like this.

Later that evening we geared up for our GoGirls showcase. It was our 2nd year to host our Friday night showcase at McSheas, which is a cute pub that serves up cold pints and large vodka redbulls! Um, pint size cocktails to be exact. You gotta be careful at McSheas!

You can see tons of photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gogirlsmusic/sets/72157622397632491/

Saturday was filled with hanging out at the GoGirls booth and catching a few panels. I enjoyed the Talent Buyers/Booking Agents panel. My friend Allie Shaw of Listen Records and Hyperfestival was giving out some great advice to the bands.

HiFi Asylum Saturday night we were off to Gary's Grille for our annual Saturday night GoGirls showcase. It was our 5th year to party at Gary's. We had some great performers including a brand new band out of Philly called HiFi Asylum. Keep an eye out for this group because they can surely rock.

To all musicians and industry peeps... this is truly a gem of a conference. You cannot beat the laid back environment at the beach where you can rock out to tons of great bands in venues that are in walking distance from each other and enjoy complimentary beverages, tasty treats and awesome music at all  the VIP parties. This was my 4th year to trek to Dewey Beach all the way from Texas and I'll tell ya, I'll do it again next year.

Learn more about the conference here: http://www.deweybeachfest.com/dbmc

And see my photo album here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gogirlsmusic/sets/72157622397632491/

Copyright © 2009 Madalyn Sklar

Madalyn Sklar is a music business coach & consultant, blogger, social networks expert and author. She has spent over 13 years helping independent musicians and music business professionals achieve greater success in the biz. Her motto is: working smarter not harder. She also founded GoGirlsMusic.com, the oldest + largest online community of indie women musicians.

Madalyn's Sites:
GoGirlsMusic.com
Social Networks for Musicians

I agree with you, the Dewey Beach Music Conference was amazing this year. I can't wait to see what next year holds!

Hey Madalyn!

Do they have anything like this in Rehoboth Beach? Dewey Beach is a great location... But I feel it would really bring a lot of people into Rehoboth as well!

Rehoboth seems to be lacking on the entire music scene a bit, wouldn't you agree?

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE

WHO IS MADALYN SKLAR?


    Madalyn Sklar is a music business coach & consultant, blogger, social networks expert and author. She has spent over 15 years helping independent musicians and music business professionals achieve greater success. Her motto is: working smarter not harder. She also founded GoGirlsMusic.com, the oldest + largest online community of indie women musicians.

    Madalyn's Sites:
    * GoGirlsMusic.com
    * Social Networks for Musicians
    contact: madalynsklar(at)gmail.com

         

    Get interviewed on this blog for just $50

    HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

    Learn it all.

    HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

    Check out my YouTube video:

    www.flickr.com
    GoGirlsMusic.com's items Go to Madalyn's photostream

REPRINT ARTICLES

    Click here if you would like to post articles and information from this blog to your blog or web site.

Previous posts

BLOGS I READ:

Madalyn's Blog
P.O. Box 16940
Sugar Land, TX 77496-6940

Copyright © 2000-2009 Madalyn's Music Biz Blog. All rights reserved.

This blog is designed to provide reliable information regarding the subject matter covered.
The authors disclaim any liability that incurs from the use of any information contained in this blog.